Negotiating and structuring mutually beneficial compensation packages
An executive’s compensation agreement can be vital to ensuring the health of your organization. Unfortunately, executive compensation agreements almost always represent a complicated transaction. Our lawyers know the ins and outs of executive compensation agreements and can add value to your business by helping to align company and executive interests. We represent both companies and executives in the process of structuring compensation plans.
Retaining iVLG to Represent Your Company
Research has proven that executives are in a superior position, and receive higher compensation, when they are negotiating directly with employees of the company. These employees (in-house counsel) will soon be the subordinates of the executives, and this may create a conflict in negotiating such deals. Our firm has no such conflict. We will advocate for your rights to ensure your objectives are met.
Company and executive interests should be properly aligned to provide powerful incentives for every executive to perform to the best of their ability. We carefully structure compensation agreements to create such alignment, for both the short term and long term. By thoughtfully tying each executive’s compensation to his or her performance, our attorneys help ensure both companies and their executives benefit from the employment relationship.
- We will work with your company to implement processes and procedures to streamline the executive pay process, including a process to create an independent compensation committee, if you don’t have such a committee already;
- We will work with your company to design a compensation package that aligns the executive’s interests with the company’s interests;
- We will work with your company to ensure that Client’s process complies with federal regulations;
- We will educate your key personnel on Say on Pay measures and how they may affect your company;
- We will negotiate the executive compensation agreement on your company’s behalf;
- We will draft the excecutive compensation agreement and the board consent authorizing the exeuctive compensation plan.
Retaining iVLG to Represent Executives
The attorneys at iVLG understand the executive pay planning process. We will work with you to define your goals and then use our knowledge of the pay planning process to get you the compensation plan you deserve.
- We will make sure you understand how the executive pay process works from the corporation’s perspective, and what this means for you;
- We will work with you to adopt and implement a negotiation strategy that fits with your personal brand;
- We will work with you to identify the most important features for you in the compensation package;
- We will negotiate on your behalf to get you the compensation package you deserve;
- We will draft the compensation agreement on your behalf.
The price of a clearly defined and mutually beneficial relationship
Our executive pay planning packages start at $5,000.
If you want to schedule a consultation please give us a call at (206) 745-5229, or use our website to schedule a consultation online. If you have any questions about negotiating, drafting or structuring your compensation agreement or how the attorneys at iVLG can help you, please contact us.