Brewery Law 101: A Primer on the Basics of Owning and Operating a Brewery or Distillery in Washington
Over the course of the next few months, Collin Roberts and I will be putting together a brewery law blog series with what we hope will be helpful information for people interested in starting their own brewery or distillery in Washington. Starting a brewery or distillery isn’t all that different than starting any other business, but there are a few important issues to highlight that are important to be aware of as you open your brewery’s doors. Below are the topics we will be exploring over the next few months:
- Choosing the right entity and other startup considerations for breweries
- Why are trademarks so important for breweries and distilleries?
- How labelling requirements may affect your trademark decisions
- Brewery Operating Agreements
- Navigating TTB Requirements and Licensing
- When it’s OK to give away free beer
- Key contract considerations for breweries and distilleries
Please contact us or comment below if you’d like us to explore additional topics related to breweries and distilleries.