Interest in Business Law and Serving Community
Entrepreneurship is in my blood, and I have always been interested in helping businesses succeed. I was born on my family’s farm in North Dakota and was raised working for my father’s landscape, construction, and demolition company in Fort Collins, Colorado. At eighteen, I started a project bidding and jobsite management consulting business serving contractors in northern Colorado, which I continued during my undergraduate education. I have worked for retail companies in both management and sales positions, and have worked in the service industry as a professional fly-fishing guide in central Colorado. Before co-founding inVigor Law Group, I worked in-house for a public international e-commerce company. In addition, I serve as an advisor to the board of a real estate holding and management company based in Lubbock, Texas, with office, retail, industrial, land development, and hospitality interests. These experiences provide me with knowledge of what businesses across a broad spectrum of industries need to succeed, and also have exposed me to the frustrations of many business owners concerning traditional legal counsel.
I attended law school with the distinct goal of gaining the knowledge necessary to effectively and efficiently represent businesses. My practice has further developed this knowledge and exposed me to even more complex issues facing businesses. I know businesses make positive contributions to and are therefore a vital part of every community. We founded inVigor Law Group with the goal of putting this knowledge and experience to work for your business.
I am licensed to practice law in Colorado and Texas. Why Colorado and Texas?
Interests and Hobbies
Outside the office I enjoy spending time with my wife and family, fly fishing, traveling (particularly to fly fishing destinations), wildlife conservation, golf, snowboarding, and reading.
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, President’s Scholar
- Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic, Community Development and Entrepreneurship Consultant
- 2009 Summer Legal and Policy Study, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, International Business Transactions
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Contracts
- University of Denver, Daniels College of Business, BSBA in International Business, Economics minor, President’s Scholar
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, International Business Asia/Pacific (Semester Study)